Text Giving to Westminster – Using text messaging to give to WPC
Text giving can be a convenient way to give electronically using your cell phone messaging service.
Registration for Text Giving
To set up your cell phone for giving to Westminster, you need to do a couple of things first.
- Add 979-200-4600 to your contact list and give the number a name like “WPC text giving.” This is a special phone number used only for text giving to Westminster Presbyterian Church.
- Register your credit card number for text giving to WPC. Have your credit card information handy and send a text message to 979-200-4600. In the text message field, insert the donation amount. For my example below, I entered $10. You will then receive a reply providing a link for one-time credit card registration. Clicking on the link in the text message will open your browser where you will provide your credit card information (be sure to click the “GIVE” button at the bottom). After you click the GIVE button, you will see “Successful Registration and Donation.” You should now also see a new text message saying “Your giving to WPC was successful. Thank you.”
Subsequent Text Message Giving
Once you have made your initial text message donation, making a subsequent donation requires only that you send a text message to 979-200-4600 with the $ amount of the gift. Note that your gift will go to the General Fund, unless you specify otherwise. See the Tips below on how to give to other WPC funds.
Tips for Future Text-Giving Donations:
- If you only text a monetary value, the funds are attributed to the default fund. Example: $50 = will go to default fund (General Fund)
- If you text “Funds” you will receive a reply text including a list of the fund names that you can choose to donate to. Current funds include: General Fund, Pledge of Faith, Alms, Capital Fund and Renovation and Deferred Maintenance.
- If you text the amount + fund name– the funds will be attributed to that fund name. Example: $10 Pledge of Faith
- If the fund name you texted does not match what is available for WPC, you will receive a message with a list of fund names for you to choose from. Respond with the number of the correlating fund.
- If you text “Help” you will receive a reply text that states: “To give enter the amount you want to give, such as 100. You can also give to a specific fund by typing it after your amount, such as 100 debt retirement fund”.
- If you text “Reset” you will receive a reply text that states: “Saved card information successfully removed. Please register your card information again when making your next gift by texting an amount to this number.
Checking your Giving History
- For online giving: Login to the Westminster giving website at http://www.churchofficegiving.com/dl/?uid=west3333122 and click the “The My Account” link on the left hand side of the webpage.
- For all giving history (printed checks as well as online gifts): Login to the Westminster Membership website at https://wpc.churchofficechms.com/user/login and click on the “Giving” tab.
To download a printable pdf copy of these instructions for using the website to make online contributions to Westminster, please click here .