“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
Our biblically based (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47) vision as a reformed, evangelical congregation to fulfill this purpose will be, with prayer and guidance of the Holy Spirit to focus on:
- Exalting God in Worship – Our priority is to glorify the Triune God with worship which is according to Scripture and heralds Christ. This is the ministry of Worship.
- Evangelizing the sinner in need of Christ – Our priority is to share the gospel with those in need of salvation in dependence upon the Holy Spirit. This is the ministry of Evangelism.
- Enfolding the believer into the Church – Our priority is to assimilate believers into the membership and ministry of WPC. This is the ministry of Shepherding
- Edifying believers in the knowledge and truth of Scripture – Our priority is to develop a Biblical world and life view which informs every belief, attitude and action of the believer. This is the ministry of Christian Education.
- Establishing believers deeply in Christ – Our priority is to strengthen believers at WPC in their faith and walk with Christ Jesus at WPC. This is the ministry of Discipleship.
- Enabling believers to grow stronger in Community – The priority is to enable believers to realize and embrace their need for one another in the body of Christ. This is the ministry of Fellowship.
- Equipping believers for works of service – The priority is to send believers into the ministry of Christ’s kingdom in order to advance the gospel within to our community and the nations. This is the ministry of Missions.