Joint officers met on January 21.
- They discussed and approved three nominees of trustees for the congregational meeting of January 26. Charles Ackerman, Kevin Ayers, and Bob Gustafson were elected as trustees in that congregational meeting.
- Elders and deacons prayed for Shepherding Group families.
- Officers reviewed the year-end Financial Report from the WPC Treasurer, shown below:
Actual Giving (YTD):
Budgeted Expenses (YTD):
Actual Expenses (YTD):
Actual Ahead (Behind):
*YTD includes all activity for the fiscal year, beginning Jan 1 thru December 31, 2019
In the shepherding portion of the meeting, elders reviewed and discussed chapter 3 of The Shepherd Leader by Timothy Whitmer. Time was spent working on S.M.A.R.T. goals as a follow-up to the sessions with leadership consultant John Purcell. Elders prayed for the specific needs of families, added new families to shepherding lists, and discussed retention and follow-up for existing members of Westminster.
The Session heard and reviewed the report of the Strategic Commission from 1/7/2020:
- A date has been set for an officers’ retreat, May 1-2 at White Creek Ranch in Anderson, TX.
- Discussion and adoption of plans re: the future ongoing relationship between Westminster-Bryan and Westminster-College Station in the areas of governance, ministry, and finances.
Updates on strategic planning for our College Station congregation will be given at a congregational information meeting being scheduled for the spring.