We invite you to fast as you are able, from the evening of March 21 to dinnertime on March 22.
We take up fasting and prayer because God is our provision and help (Psalm 46:1). He sustains us. We are reminded “man shall not live by bread alone.” (Matt 4:4) Fasting and prayer places the accent on our dependence upon God. In denying ourselves of a physical need like food we are reminded of our spiritual needs as well. Take the time on this day of fasting and prayer to reflect upon God’s goodness, your dependence upon him, and your necessity of daily repentance and faith in Christ. In this season when we focus on the life, suffering, death and resurrection of our Savior may we grow in deeper spiritual dependence upon him.
- Pray for the spiritual health and growth of the church and her leadership.
- Pray for your personal awareness of the depth of your sin and the grace of Jesus that overcomes and forgives it.
- Pray for the spirit of unity in the body of Christ and zeal to grow in his Word.
- Pray for the ability to see the spiritual needs of our neighbors and to love them with the gospel.
- Pray WPC will be a ‘gospel community for life’s journey’ that worships, grows, serves and shares the love of Christ in B/CS and to the nations.
Please join us in fasting and praying from after dinner this evening until breaking the fast at dinner together at 6:00 pm tomorrow at WPC. Dinner will be provided as part of our normal Wednesdays @ Westminster programing. During this dinner we will be hosting some missionaries who lead a church in eastern Slovakia, and minister to Roma people groups: Juraj (pronounced YOUR-eye)and Zuzana Sabol. The Sabols were MTW ministry partners in Slovakia with Kris and Paula Lundgaard, and Kris will be introducing them this Wednesday.