For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve,
and to give His life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45
Westminster Presbyterian Church is a gospel-focused community committed to God exalting worship and equipping Christ’s followers to share His redeeming grace.
- Gospel (Mark 10:45; Ephesians 2:1-10)
- The Gospel is good news from God’s Word. It is a declaration by God, which identifies who He truly is and our need of Him. God the Father has given His Son, Jesus, as His only chosen King, to free us from the bondage of sin and give us eternal life.
- God has made a way for us to have relationship with Him by giving us Himself through Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection as our substitute that we may worship and enjoy Him forever. What we cannot do for ourselves, He has done for us.
- Receiving the Gospel bears the fruit of faith and repentance. We say no to sin, death, and evil, and we say yes to God, relying upon Him completely. Repentance is the fruit of receiving the gospel. Faith is trusting God with your whole life.
- Community (Acts 2:42-47; Hebrews 10:21-25)
- We are all in this together. We cannot do life alone and God has given us to one another. We value the shared experience of growing up in the family of God. This takes mutual commitment and sacrifice for each other.
- God is our Heavenly Father and we are His children. We are committed to investing in life together while inviting others around us into the family of God.
- Life’s Journey (Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:11-16)
- God will not give up on us, and we will not give up on the journey. He will not abandon us, leave us, or forsake us. He will bring us home to Himself even when He brings us to the end of ourselves. Christian growth necessitates change within us. (Dying daily to sin, we embrace more and more of His control over all of life.)
- We grow into maturity in Christ to do the work of ministry together. Life on life we are committed to connect our people to God’s calling for their lives. Equipping lives for the service of God and the building up of His kingdom.
- Growing and going we go together in life’s journey. The more our heart becomes like Jesus we turn and face the world and love our neighbor. We turn towards Jesus and towards others embracing our gifts and callings to share the love of Christ.