Westminster Presbyterian Church
Custodian and Maintenance Worker
Summary and Primary Function
The cleaning, repair, and maintenance of church facilities & equipment along with ensuring the outside area of the campus is trash free and in good appearance.
Reports to Sr. Pastor with coordination of the deacons
- Janitorial and related duties (65% of time)
- Perform janitorial duties, including vacuuming, sweeping, dry and wet mopping, buffing floors, clean carpets, and empty trash cans, all according to a schedule set out by the Pastor and designated facilities deacon.
- Set up and take down tables and chairs for normal and special events.
- Pick up trash as necessary and ensure cleanliness of church grounds.
- Maintenance Duties (35% of time)
- Do minor repairs on the sprinkler system or call those who maintain the sprinklers.
- Maintain and make repairs to facilities; change out light bulbs, fix broken windows, paint as needed, replace damaged ceiling tiles, etc.
- Assist church secretary and pastors as directed with building set up and take down for ministry activities and scheduled events.
- Let designated deacon know if we are low on supplies.
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pass criminal background check
- One year experience performing janitorial and general maintenance duties
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to climb and work on a minimum 8ft. ladder
- Ability to work with all age groups
Special Requirements and Licenses
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Must be a committed Christian (in keeping with the standards of theological belief in the PCA)
- Willing to work flexible hours
- At will employee
Equipment to be used
- Vacuum, buffer, hand tools, dolly, and cleaning/floor care equipment