Westminster Presbyterian Church
Summary and Primary Function
Responsible for overseeing and coordinating the daily and weekly social media, website, and general communication for the church. Support pastoral staff, Office Administrator, and sessional leadership in carrying out the ministry of the church. This position’s work will give a window into the life of Westminster.
The communication coordinator reports to the Sr. Pastor through the Office Administrator who has day-to-day oversight.
Special Requirements and Characteristics
- A Christian with spiritual depth and discernment.
- Must be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing workload.
- Courteous, conscientious, and aware of the need for confidentiality.
- Warm and people oriented with a willingness to serve.
- Administrative skills with an aptitude for computers, website design, social media, basic graphic design, word-processing, and editing.
- Flexibility to meet needs in a fast paced environment.
- Assist pastoral staff and office administrator in regular congregational communications through the website, Westminster Weekly (newsletter), regular social media, and other print and digital communication forms.
- Giving direction and support to weekly & daily office communication for activities in the church.
- Maintain the Church website keeping it updated and current. Create engaging text, image, and video content to improve the Church’s web presence. Provide connection and follow up for those who interact through social media, web, and print communications. Make the website representative to the community of what WPC is and is doing in service to our gospel mission.
- Assist in growing the branding and social awareness of WPC’s ministry presence in the community of Bryan and College Station. Stay up to date with social platforms to maximize social media and website effectiveness.
- Provide web-based support for worship and sermon streaming and storage of weekly service and sermons in collaboration with media personnel.
- Prepare pamphlets, brochures, annual report, and advertising materials.
- Interact and coordinate with IT and network specialists when needed. Liaison with general computer needs of church and staff.
- Assist, as needed, in maintaining an up-to-date database for membership in order to facilitate clear communications within the congregation.
- Responsible for handling front desk reception and administration duties on occasions when asked by Office Administrator, including greeting guests, answering phones, and assisting member needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Office Administrator or the pastoral staff.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Computer skills in Word, Publisher, Excel and PowerPoint, Canva or Photoshop (or similar graphics software), Mailchimp, and other print and digital and social media platforms as well as a willingness to interact with our Church Management online system.
- Working knowledge of webpage creation/editing software (Word Press, Dreamweaver, etc.).
- Public relations, marketing, and communications background a plus.
- Willingness to learn.
- The Communication Coordinator will report on a day-to-day basis to the Senior Pastor through the Office Administrator. About every 6 weeks the office administrator will meet with the Communication Coordinator to discuss office issues, goals, and performance review. Annually, the pastor will report via the personnel committee to the session on job-related performance and goals for this position.
- As a part-time employee, working 20 hours per week, this position does not include paid benefits, vacation, or sick leave.
- This position is at will employment.